Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Finally Back!

It's Wednesday night in North Carolina, but my inner clock still says California time! (ugg) I've spent the past few weeks zooming around Southern California - visiting family and friends, attending my best friend's daughter's wedding . . . and having eye surgery at Balboa Naval Hospital with theeee best surgeon ever! He diagnosed a mystery eye disease some years back while my husband and I were stationed in Japan, and this surgery was the last of the residual repair from that.


So, here I am - my body thinking it's 3 hours earlier and telling me my age (yikes) at the same time! (not pretty) I, like you however, wish I could share my feelings with my special someone far, far away, but alas - it is not meant to be! It's hardest when we have feelings to share - good or bad; happy or sad! I think that's when I miss him the most!


Today we had some very happy news! My husband found out from official email that his next duty assignment is "THE ONE" he's been waiting for his entire career. It doesn't happen until April of next year, but he knows about it (he copied me the notification email), and now I know about it too, but we can't share in the joy together in person. He hasn't been able to call or write much at all and . . . well, you know how I feel! So, these are the tough days. Happy, but tough.


(((hugs))) and blessings,


Tamera

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear about where that next great assignment is taking you!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Theresa! Good to hear from you! Yes, it's very exciting. My husband will get to be the last command chaplain on the USS Enterprise. He is a huge Star Trek fan and this is gonna be a blast for him - and a great time of ministry. He was on the Independence once out of Japan back in '98, but just for 5 months.

    ReplyDelete